Dear Parents/ Carers,
With recent developments regarding COVID-19 across the country, we have taken the decision at Bramfield House to prepare for a variety of circumstances and to continue to support our pupils to the best of our abilities.
As a result we have been working on a range of options to support parents at home who may need to self-isolate in families with pupils for an extended period of time. These are detailed below:
- You will receive by post / email/ SMS an invitation to join our new parent communication App – Parent mail. This will enable us to contact you by text and email over any closure period and to update you on support and work available for your son. This will be going live next week (23rd March 2020) Parents simply need to download the app and follow the instructions to install it.
- If your son is accessing our new Lexia Literacy support program, you will be receiving information explaining how this can be accessed in the home remotely. Your son will already have a log on code to access the site already but this will also be provided to yourself.
- Extensive packs of work are being compiled for all boys with several months of work from a range of subjects. You will receive this by post or it will be given to boys to take home in their taxi before a school closure. It is important to note that whilst work will be marked eventually, it is likely that this will not be possible if staff are away from the workplace during a closure.
- In the event of school closure, the school will move to an online teaching platform for all pupils. This will allow staff to teach face to face remotely and screen share. A timetable of these sessions has being created and is detailed below. The aim is that boys will receive as much direct teaching as possible, this may include; key worker sessions, individual interventions and tutoring. Priority will be given to year 11 pupils preparing for exams. We will offer two classes per day to Key Stage 2 pupils and three lessons a day for Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils, these lessons will be an hour in length and cover a variety of subjects set out below in timetable format.
- Parents / Carers are also being supported with details of online resources, these are detailed at the bottom of this letter.
Key stage 2+3
All pupils in Key Stages 2 and 3 have Lexia login details, this program supports literacy and should be accessed 20 minutes per day to see maximum progress. Details are enclosed on how to log on to this program.
Mathswatch software is available for pupils in Key Stages 3 and 4 on the following link:
login details are in the format of initial then surname followed by @bramfieldhouse, for example John Smith would have a log on as: JSmith@bramfieldhouse all passwords will be reset as: Bramfield.
Further resources are available on the following web addresses:
Key Stage 2
Key Stage 3 + 4
Online virtual learning:
All parents will be asked for email address so teachers can send invites for pupils to access the online classroom, this will be done by phone call, current information held at school or by parent mail – text and email service. We will offer 2 classes per day to Key Stage 2 pupils and 3 lessons a day for Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils, these lessons will be an hour in length and cover a variety of subjects set out in timetable format (follow link below).