As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a part time Housekeeper to join our close-knit team at Bramfield House School in Halesworth, Suffolk to cover a period of Maternity Leave; working 16 hours per week on a Thursday and Friday during term time. The proposed start date for this position is: 02/09/2019.
Bramfield House School is an independent residential special educational needs school for boys aged 7 – 16 years who have social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours, located in rural Suffolk. The School has a committed and innovative multidisciplinary team, extensive site and excellent facilities to support both learning and extra-curricular activities; we are in a great position to provide our pupils with the best education and care possible.
We need highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to make a real difference.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
Purpose of Job
To be responsible for the physical management of the living accommodation areas of Ibstock House and to continually access and develop these areas to complement the care aims of Bramfield House School.
- To provide nutritious and balanced meals for the pupils and staff of Ibstock House.
- To maintain outstanding standards of hygiene in the kitchen.
- Ensure all areas of Ibstock House are kept clean, safe and tidy in accordance with Food Hygiene, COSHH and health and safety standards.
- Greet and attend to school visitors.
- To cook and oversee food preparation and service for breakfast, lunch and dinner/tea.
- To attend to the personal needs and physical needs of the pupils by washing their clothing and bedding.
- To work with the Estate Manager/ School Cook to manage the housekeeping and catering budgets to ensure good value for money.
- To carry out daily inspections of the living accommodation to ensure the quality and safety of the environment, attending to issues in a prompt and thorough manner.
- To develop and maintain a cleaning schedule in conjunction with the Team Leader of Ibstock House.
- To work with the Estate Manager and other managers to produce schedules of maintenance work for the school holidays.
- To work with the Estate Manager to fulfil the health and safety requirements for Ibstock House.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time that are commensurate with the role
- The budget for cleaning materials, equipment and resources.
- The budget for catering supplies to conform to Health and Safety Standards/Food Hygiene and key requirements.
- Work within the provisions of the Date Protection Act, observing strict confidentiality in relation to all aspects of work undertaken.
- To actively participate in supporting the principles and practice of equal opportunities issues in accordance with the organisation’s policies and to work positively towards
anti-discriminatory and anti-racist practice.
- Follow relevant Health & Safety procedures and raise awareness amongst staff, pupils and other users.
- Comply with Health and Safety, guidelines, Fire Regulations and other company policies.
- Safeguarding – At all times and on all occasions to promote and comply with the Company commitment to the Safeguarding of the vulnerable young people in our care.
- Must hold a Full UK driving licence
- Personable, flexible and caring attitude
- Must be honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Good planning and organising skills
- An ability to communicate well with colleagues
- Empathy with young people particularly those with additional special needs
- Able to satisfy an enhanced DBS check and prove that there are no impediments to working with children
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.